Around the internet
When I get a chance, I love to do interviews, videos, speak, and write guest articles. Here’s a collection of other places you can find me:
At RubyConf 2016, I walked the audience through building a new object model on top of Ruby, building multiple inheritance and method interception into a language that didn’t originally support it. The slides are here, and the video is here.
- On the Ruby on Rails Podcast, episode #163, Sean and I talked about this site, and how I manage to post in-depth articles so consistently.
- On Episode #11 of Developer Tea, you can hear me explain why you should choose Ruby as a language to learn and love, and a development strategy I’ve used in almost everything I’ve learned so far.
- On Episode #13 of the Stacking the Bricks Podcast, you’ll hear about the processes I’ve used to write better articles, faster, where to find ideas for your articles, topics, and projects, how the launch of Practicing Rails went, and what I’d do differently next time.
- On Episode #271 of the Ruby Rogues podcast, you’ll learn that the problems new developers think they have aren’t the ones they should be solving – and which problems they should be concentrating on instead.
- GeekWire named me their “Geek of the Week”, where you can read about my thoughts on software development, writing, how I learn new things, and my favorite videogame of all time.
- I wrote an article for CodeShip, where you can learn about a few tweaks you can make to speed up your app’s model layer.